Mole End

"An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered." "As he hurried along, eagerly anticipating the moment when he would be at home again among the things he knew and liked, the Mole saw clearly that he must keep to the pleasant places in which his lines were laid and which held adventure enough, in their way, to last a lifetime.

Friday, October 20, 2006

When Irish Eyes Are Smiling

So, then, the post I promised all the ladies. Now, you must imagine in you head that every word has the Irish ring to it. Not Scottish, mind you, but the sing-song of Ireland.

When they talk, it sounds like singing. Their inflection is very different, and at the end of each sentence the voice goes up, like when we ask a question. They are very loud, and spontaneously burst into song. They all play soccer,and sometimes they talk in Gaelic to confuse anyone listening. A lot of people have trouble understanding their accent, but with my Irish blood, I don't have much trouble. After a few minutes with them, I sound like I'm from Ireland. I am not sure how many there are, they move so quickly. They love girls. I mean they REALLY LOVE girls. Probably too much. They call me Frodo, and when they call my name, I can almost touch the Shire, the sound of their voices make Middle Earth feel so real. One of two of them are gentlemen, but mostly they are fairly rough around the edges. I don't like to hang with them too much, (I think they like to give off the bad boy aroma) but their accents are haunting, and they are fun to have as casual friends. Oh, and they are all dark-haired and fair-skinned, obviously products of the Emerald Isle, and when they sing....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home