Mole End

"An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered." "As he hurried along, eagerly anticipating the moment when he would be at home again among the things he knew and liked, the Mole saw clearly that he must keep to the pleasant places in which his lines were laid and which held adventure enough, in their way, to last a lifetime.

Friday, July 28, 2006

So I Was Reading...

Every morning, Papa wakes me up around 6:07. He's supposed to get me up at six, and he tries, really he does, but he gets carried away praying(which I can hardly fault him for.) I don't let myself rest for even an instant, for if I do I shall never regain that second I let lie unfilled. Then I fill a glass of water, and with Bible and pen in hand, head for the living room. I always sit in the same place, the blue upholstered chair whose back is just shy of being too tall and straight. So I was reading...and thinking...and I learned this....
When I forsake my ways and my thoughts, seek the Lord, call on Him, follow and honor Him in all I do, he will give me the desires of my heart, only He will have brought me so close to Him that my desires will have become His desires. And then I shall "go out with joy, and be led forth with peace-the mountains and the hills shall break forth before me in singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands. Instead of the thorn shall come up the fir tree, and instead of the brier shall come up the myrtle tree: and it shall be to the Lord for a name, for an everlasting sign that shall not be cut off." (Isaiah 55:12-13) And the God of the universe would make that covenant with me! All He requires is my entire heart and will, and he has given me from his own abundance all the strength and humble repentence and eager excitement and over-abundant love necessary to surrender myself completely, entirely and wholly to Him. So why am I worrying. He has it all under control, and all I have to do is yield to His unconditional love.

So that is what I was thinking.

2 Comments:

At 8:07 AM, Blogger Androphenese said...

thanks for sharing that. how refreshing

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger beatrice said...

oh... rebecca leaves texas in a few days. oh sad.

texas will miss rebecca.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home