Mole End

"An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered." "As he hurried along, eagerly anticipating the moment when he would be at home again among the things he knew and liked, the Mole saw clearly that he must keep to the pleasant places in which his lines were laid and which held adventure enough, in their way, to last a lifetime.

Thursday, November 03, 2005

November Geese-Myrddin Emrys

Silently I ponder and pray
seeking counsel from my Lord
of all that has passed through my lonely day
I listen for his Word.

My words are whispers in the dark
utterings of a hungry soul.
I perform my own silent vespers
in the abbey of God's skybowl.

I lean my ear towards his counsel
hoping for a reply
My tears drop silently to the ground
and I hear a clatter breaking the skies

Lairds o' the lakes, you sail in from your heights
with your happy laughter
In the chilly night, you learn to laugh
And charge us to follow after.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home